Benefits of Bee Pollen
The benefits of this unique naturally-occurring supplement have literally been espoused for thousands of years in every part of the globe.
In 1982, I read a book by Carlson Wade where he stated that bee pollen has within it every vitamin, mineral, enzyme, carbohydrates, calories, co-enzyme, and trace minerals to sustain life.
Wade went on to say one could live on only 20 grams of raw Bee Pollen a day. I was intrigued and have been using it ever since.
I also had the good fortune at that time of meeting — and working for — a master medicinal herbalist who taught me a lot about herbs in general but also about bee pollen.
Numerous clinical studies have confirmed this.
Benefits of Bee Pollen
Bee pollen is often taken to increase energy and rightly so, but these are not its only benefits. It also does the following:
- Increases the sex drive in both men and women — this is one of the chief benefits of bee pollen, needless to say.
- Has a composition of 35% protein, 55% carbohydrates, 2% fatty acids, and 3% minerals and vitamins. It is also high in B vitamin concentrations — this especially increases energy.
- Boosts the immune system thus helping ward off disease
- Helps detoxify the body
- Helps weight loss as it stimulates the metabolism to burn calories quicker.
Athletes also are bee pollen enthusiasts as it increases strength and stamina. These are not the only benefits of bee pollen but as you can see these bee pollen benefits are impressive of themselves.
Bee Pollen Facts: Warnings & Precautions
The benefits of bee pollen are plentiful. However, if you are allergic to bees, you should not only avoid bee pollen but all bee products such as royal jelly and honey too. Also, if you have asthma, check with your doctor before taking bee pollen supplements.
Bee Pollen Facts — Myth or Reailty?
Personal anecdotal information persuades us that this humble supplment is nothing short of amazing. However, anecdotal info is not clinical, scientific testing. While there have been many anecdotal passed on regarding the benefits of Bee Pollen, clinical test and studies confirm and espouse the benefits of bee pollen.
Tips in Choosing Bee Pollen Supplements
1. Buy your Bee Pollen from a GMP-compliant manufacturing facility that has certificate of analysis (COA) for every batch produced. This certifies product quality. As most of the Bee Pollen sold in the U.S. comes from China, most of these Bee Pollen batches have actually been shown to be contaminated. Know the source of where your Bee Pollen is coming from!
2. Buy freeze dried bee pollen. This prevents the pollen from becoming oxidized thus maintaining nutritional potency. (Remember, with most bee pollen, 95% of its nutritional value isn’t even assimilated and this is why.) Lastly, avoid processed, heated, or heat dried pollen as this destroys the nutrients as well.
How to Find Good Supplements
I’ve found a company that offers GMP-compliant products. Their bee pollen product is scientifically formulated containing vitamins, minerals, specialty minerals, and nutrient-rich enzymes.
It also has Royal Jelly, Siberian Ginseng, and Vitamin E — all deter aging, increase the libido, and increase athletic endurance.
The bee pollen is also harvested in the pristine North West corner of New Zealand’s South Island.
Incidentally, I’ve been taking this bee pollen supplement for about two and a half years now, and Bee Pollen for over 28 years and can testify to the overall health benefits of bee pollen.
I’ve experience significantly greater energy and if you’re looking to get the health benefits of bee pollen for yourself, you may want to check it out for yourself.
I hope this benefits of bee pollen page has been useful to you.
Yours in health,